Expert Advice Community

ISO 27001 / Conformio questions

Guest user Created:   Apr 28, 2022 Last commented:   Apr 28, 2022

ISO 27001 / Conformio questions

1. Can I as the Project Manager of the ISO 27001 also conduct the Internal Audit? Or should this be done by someone who is not as involved in the project implementation? 2. When should the first Management review be conducted? At the end when we have all of the documents, or while we are implementing the policies and procedures? I am asking this because there are some items that have first occurrence set as one month after the start of the project so now I am afraid that I was supposed to do this from the beginning.

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Apr 28, 2022

1. Can I as the Project Manager of the ISO 27001 also conduct the Internal Audit? Or should this be done by someone who is not as involved in the project implementation?

The project manager is involved in most of the activities related to the implementation of the ISO 27001, and since one requirement to be observed for an auditor is impartiality (an auditor cannot audit his own work), this person will not be able to perform the auditor role.

The best course of action would be to train an employee to perform internal auditor or hire an external auditor.

These articles will provide you with further explanation about internal audit:

2. When should the first Management review be conducted? At the end when we have all of the documents, or while we are implementing the policies and procedures? I am asking this because there are some items that have first occurrence set as one month after the start of the project so now I am afraid that I was supposed to do this from the beginning.

ISO 27001 does not prescribe when the first management review needs to be performed, so organizations can schedule it as they see fit.

For a certification implementation project, you can consider smaller management reviews during the project, and the first official management review once the implementation is over.

For further information, see:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Apr 28, 2022

Apr 28, 2022

Suggested Topics