Expert Advice Community

04.2 Personal Data Protection Policy Integrated

Guest user Created:   Jan 12, 2021 Last commented:   Jan 12, 2021

04.2 Personal Data Protection Policy Integrated

I need help to understand the following.
This is the first document I opened to start working on the GDPR. What do I have to fill in here
2.    Reference Documents
·       EU GDPR 2016/679 (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council  of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC)
[relevant national law or regulation for GDPR implementation [GDPR1]
[other local laws and regulations [GDPR3]
How do I know what law or regulation for GDPR I have to implement. This is something I hope to receive from you.
Please advise?

Assign topic to the user

EU GDPR DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

EU GDPR DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Alessandra Nisticò Jan 12, 2021

The Toolkit requires you to insert your national privacy law if any. Most countries, even EU Member States adopted internal laws and regulations to implement GDPR requirements in certain fields. Video surveillance, controls of workers, social security, criminal conviction, or health data are some examples of topics nationally implemented. 

You should consult the website of your local Data Protection Authority (or Surveillance Authority) to discover what are the applicable laws and regulations adopted in your country. Therefore, you should check if your organization is subjected to other extraterritorial privacy laws like the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) or the Brazilian Data Protection Act (LGPD). In such a case, you should also insert those references in your data protection policy.

Here you can find the list of relevant Data Protection Authorities and the list of laws and regulations on information security:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 12, 2021

Jan 12, 2021

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Feb 23, 2023 EU GDPR
Replies: 1
0 0

Data privacy question