Expert Advice Community

BCP and DR: ISO 22301

Guest user Created:   Mar 17, 2020 Last commented:   Mar 17, 2020

BCP and DR: ISO 22301

I am an Information Security Officer in a retail industry company with hypermarkets and malls in ***. My company is in retail industry and our core business is providing and selling goods to our customers in these hypermarkets through Point of Sales terminals. We are also doing online E-Commerce through our website.

Our company has different department like

1) HR

2) Finance

3) IT

4) Facility Management

5) Admin

6) Operation

7) legal

I am implementing ISO 22301 and I need to do the scoping of the BCMS. Can you please advise me on how I should perform these tasks? What are the things that I should consider while scoping and what departments should I include in the scope of BCMS?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Best Answer: Mar 17, 2020

The BCMS scope should include all departments that can affect your organization's capability to deliver your products and/or services. For example, in a beverage industry, the logistics department plays a crucial role in delivering the products, so it should be considered in a BCMS implementation. The same applies to air traffic control activities for airports. So, you should consider your business products and/or services nature, and how your departments impact them, to identify which departments should be included in the BCMS scope.

These articles are related to ISMS but can provide some tips about defining a BCMS scope:

These materials will also help you regarding BCMS scope definition:

0 1

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Mar 17, 2020

Mar 17, 2020

Suggested Topics