Expert Advice Community

Business Continuity Policy 22301

Guest user Created:   Apr 22, 2020 Last commented:   Apr 22, 2020

Business Continuity Policy 22301

1. I'm reading the Business continuity Policy according to ISO 22301; I Don't understand why it is written, "Because in many cases the executives have no idea how business continuity can help their organization, which means they won’t be particularly interested in supporting the business continuity effort in their company."
How it can be possible?

2. If they are not involved that plant will be closed?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Apr 22, 2020

1. I'm reading the Business continuity Policy according to ISO 22301; I Don't understand why it is written, "Because in many cases the executives have no idea how business continuity can help their organization, which means they won’t be particularly interested in supporting the business continuity effort in their company."
How it can be possible?

I'm assuming you are referring to the article "The purpose of Business continuity policy according to ISO 22301" https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2013/06/04/the-purpose-of-business-continuity-policy-according-to-iso-22301/

Considering that, in the article's context, the statement means that very often executives do not understand the basics of business continuity, and they do not need to, because their jobs are focused on profit, market share, client satisfaction, cost-cutting, business strategy, and business risks, not in understanding disaster recovery site, business continuity plans, etc.

This situation makes the business continuity policy important: it makes executives stop to focus on business continuity, to understand the minimum they need to make proper decisions, and to make a formal and written statement about the importance of business continuity for the organization, how they will handle it (in most cases, by designating a competent staff to do the work).

2. If they are not involved that plant will be closed?

Executives' involvement is essential for business continuity because they are the ones who define priorities and resources, and if they are not involved, or support the business continuity initiative, it will most probably fail, and the plant will be at real risk of closing if a disaster hits it.

For further information, see:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Apr 22, 2020

Apr 22, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Feb 09, 2022 ISO 27001 & 22301
Replies: 1
0 0

Business Continuity Policy

Guest user Created:   Nov 23, 2021 ISO 27001 & 22301