SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Can we change the scope of ISO 27001

Guest user Created:   Jul 09, 2020 Last commented:   Jul 09, 2020

Can we change the scope of ISO 27001

I have a little problem or a concept that I want to ask related to ISO 27001 scope and ISMS
let for example a new startup start and when they have 20 employee they will try to certify themselves and they got certified and they certified whole organization because they CEO think that it will help them in market as well in information security
and when they grow and when they have about for example 3000 employee they understand that they didn't need to certify every bit of area of organization with iso 27001 and they just want to change they scope from whole organization to only for those information about they employee and they customer so at the end they can able to do that or not????
i know a gave a example that we can't see in our real life but we can do that or not??
wait for you reply
hope you will understand what i want to say :)

0 1

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Jul 09, 2020

In fact, change in the ISMS scope is quite a common business and your organization can perform this change in the ISMS scope. The ISMS scope can be defined as the whole organization, or as part of it (in terms of locations, departments or processes), and the scope can increase or decrease in size according to the organization's needs.

These articles will provide you a further explanation about the scope definition:

This material will provide you a further explanation about the scope definition:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 09, 2020

Jul 09, 2020