It is very difficult to help you close this NC when we don’t know what is/are the root cause(s). Have you determined the environmental aspects and impacts associated with the manufacturing process? If not, you have to. If yes, have you determined the situations associated with potential accidents and emergencies? If you don't have to. If yes, what failed? Did you misjudge the seriousness potential of these situations? Have you not developed the means and practices of prevention and response? For each step of the manufacturing process, think about:
- what can go wrong?
- what can we control or watch to avoid or minimize the possibility of going wrong?
- what practices should you adopt to avoid or minimize the possibility of going wrong?
- what training and awareness should you give to avoid or minimize the possibility of going wrong?
- what means of response should you have to respond if despite everything, the accident or emergency situation occurs?
- what simulations should you try to prepare people and evaluate means of response?
You can find more information below:
ISO 14001 emergency preparedness and response - https://advisera.com/14001academy/knowledgebase/iso-14001-emergency-preparedness-and-response/
5 steps to set up an emergency plan according to ISO 14001 - https://advisera.com/14001academy/blog/2014/07/23/5-steps-set-emergency-plan-according-iso-14001/
Enroll for free in this course – ISO 14001:2015 Foundations Course - https://training.advisera.com/course/iso-14001-foundations-course/
Book – The ISO 14001:2015 Companion - https://advisera.com/books/the-iso-14001-2015-companion/