SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Difference between technical and control of records of ISO 17025:2017

Guest user Created:   Jul 22, 2020 Last commented:   Feb 21, 2022

Difference between technical and control of records of ISO 17025:2017

What is the difference between technical and control of records of ISO 17025:2017?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 17025 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 17025 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Tracey Evans Jul 23, 2020

To help answer your question let’s consider that any laboratory record, whether hand written or electronic, is in one of two groups - technical or non-technical. Non-technical records are for example,  administrative forms and quality management records such as customer feedback and internal audit records. Technical records contain any information or data that could affect results, i.e. any parameter related directly to the analytical value or which may be needed to troubleshoot or repeat the laboratory activity. It makes sense then that examples of technical records are easily understood to be, for example Calibrations, personnel names with time and date of activity, test sample condition, instrumentation and raw data.

“Control of Records” in clause 8.4 applies to all records (technical an non-technical) where they need to be identifiable, legible, and access controlled for data protection and confidentiality purposes. Retention controls are required.

“Technical Records (clause 7.5) applies only to technical records as additional requirements.

For more information regarding Records, see the ISO 17025 toolkit document template: Document and Record Control Procedure at https://advisera.com/17025academy/documentation/document-and-record-control-procedure/ as well as Control of data and information management, see the ISO 17025 toolkit document template: Quality Assurance Procedure at https://advisera.com/17025academy/documentation/quality-assurance-procedure/

0 0
Fem Post Feb 21, 2022

You said: Technical records contain any information or data that could affect results,Can you tell me if a report (iso 01725, 7.8) is a technical or non technical record? Especially because I don't think that a report can affect results (sureley it contains results, but can it affect it?) Our report's only contain data from raw data sources. 

0 0
Fem Post Feb 21, 2022

You said: Technical records contain any information or data that could affect results,Can you tell me if a report (iso 01725, 7.8) is a technical or non technical record? Especially because I don't think that a report can affect results (sureley it contains results, but can it affect it?) Our report's only contain data from raw data sources. 

1 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 22, 2020

Feb 21, 2022

Suggested Topics