According to ISO 45001, OH&S Policy should contain the following:
- a commitment to provide safe and healthy work environment;
- a commitment to fulfill legal and other requirements;
- a commitment to eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks;
- a commitment to continual improvement of OH&S management system; and
- a commitment to consultation and participation of workers or their representatives.
In addition, the commitments stated in the policy should provide framework for establishing OH&S objectives.
The reason for regular review of the policy is to ensure it's adequacy, relevance and appropriateness. This does not mean that you need to change the policy every year, but it does how to be reviewed by the top management.