Answer: Depending upon the objectives defined for the ISMS, you may perceive financial gains with ISO 27001 certification from these areas:
- Increased revenue by new customers who chose the organization due to certification
- Increased revenue by reduction of systems downtime (e.g., e-commerce)
- Decreased operational costs due to interruptions (e.g., maintenance costs) and rework caused by incidents
- Decreased payment of legal fines because failure to fulfill service agreements or other legal requirements
- Optimization of the resources allocated to treat risks
I can understand how a business could really benefit from having the right kind of software. Getting software from a professional could be really useful for them. It was interesting to learn about how they can decrease operational costs.