SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

IATF 16949 Certification

Guest user Created:   May 01, 2020 Last commented:   May 02, 2020

IATF 16949 Certification

I work in a company certified for ISO9001. Now we want to get also automotive customers so it is necessary to be certified for IATF. My question is: is it possible to get IATF if we do not have any automotive customers? Also, how to prove all requirements specific for automotive if we do not have it? 

0 0

Assign topic to the user

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Fırat İnceli May 02, 2020

I work in a company certified for ISO9001. Now we want to get also automotive customers so it is necessary to be certified for IATF. My question is: is it possible to get IATF if we do not have any automotive customers?

For companies that have not yet automotive customers but who wants to receive an IATF 16949: 2016 certificate, IATF rules revision 5 offers the option of obtaining the letter of conformance.

According to IATF Rules revision 5; the purpose of the letter of conformance is to confirm that processes exist that satisfy the requirements of IATF 16949 and these "Rules" and where the client is not able to achieve IATF 16949 certification because of:

a new site without twelve (12) months of internal or external performance data for the automotive production and/ or service parts in the scope of certification.an existing site that can demonstrate it is on an active bid list fora customer requiring IATF 16949 certification or compliance.

Also, how to prove all requirements specific for automotive if we do not have it?

In any case, you should comply with all articles of the IATF 16949: 2016 standard. However, if you are not designing products, your scope will be excluded from product design input and product design output items. Also, if you have no automotive customer-specific requirements; you can determine the main issues and get approval from your customer. The main issues are briefly including PPAP, core tools, process capability requirements, special characteristics definition, record-keeping conditions, etc.

Here you will find all the templates for automotive QMS implementation:

• IATF 16949 Documentation Toolkit https://advisera.com/16949academy/iatf-16949-2016-documentation-toolkit/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

May 01, 2020

May 01, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 18, 2021 IATF 16949
    Replies: 1
    0 0

Cost of IATF 16949 certification

Guest user Created:   Oct 15, 2020 IATF 16949
    Replies: 1