SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

IATF 16949 People engagement

Guest user Created:   Feb 08, 2021 Last commented:   Feb 08, 2021

IATF 16949 People engagement

I am QMS Engineer for tier 1 automotive. How do I get the team (Top Management) engaged. GM supports me but has no time for anything regarding systems. I audit, I execute and escalate. Then nothing from Management or I get "Why is this happening". You have to drive the system. Maybe I am missing an execution strategy. So I never finish anything because another fire is ready to put out.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Fırat İnceli Feb 08, 2021

As you know, the involvement of top management is important for the IATF 16949: 2016 standard, and there are many requests in clause 5 specifically on this issue. 

I can suggest a few methods to get senior management involved.

• First of all, you can plan IATF standard training for top management.
  • By meeting with senior management from time to time, you can give feedback on the company's quality status, weak points, and improvement suggestions. You can even ask for help in assigning tasks to him at these meetings.
  • If you hold monthly meetings with the senior management and management team to review the main goals of my company, it will be important in terms of participation.
  • You should include senior management in the program in internal audits.
  • In external audits, you can ask him to help him present the company's strategic plan, main risk analysis, management review result.
  • It is useful to periodically share the improvement studies and their gains with the senior management and team.
  • From time to time, the participation of senior management can be increased with external consulting support.

0 1

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 08, 2021

Feb 08, 2021

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Aug 29, 2023 IATF 16949
Replies: 1
0 0

NPI project for IATF

Guest user Created:   May 15, 2023 IATF 16949
Replies: 2