Expert Advice Community

Integrating ISO 27001 and ISO 9001

Guest user Created:   Dec 11, 2018 Last commented:   Dec 11, 2018

Integrating ISO 27001 and ISO 9001

a) Can the templates within your toolkit be amended. For example: with the Scope of Applicability, are we able to add additional columns if necessary?
0 1

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Dec 11, 2018

Answer: The templates are fully editable, so you can adjust them according to your needs. You only have to pay attention in the comments included in each template to identify which parts you can exclude, if needed, so the templates remain complaint with the standards.

b) I have gone through several of your tutorials to gather a feel for your presentations, and I have faith that by watching your tutorials from the beginning, we can progress step by step. I am slightly confused if / how we can achieve 9001 concurrently. We have an extremely tight deadline to achieve 27001. In relation to achieving 9001, can this be achieved within the scope of 27001, i.e. the same scope? I am sorry if this is a very basic question, but we are quite overwhelmed with the commencement of this project, and hoping to be as efficient as possible. Any guidance here would be most appreciated.

Answer: It is perf ectly possible to implement ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 together, since these standards have several requirements in common. Regarding the scope, you can define a single scope for them, defining which information you want to protect under the information security management system and including the related processes into the scope of the quality management system.

These materials will provide you further explanation about integrated systems:
- How to implement integrated management systems https://advisera.com/articles/how-to-implement-integrated-management-systems/
- ISO 27001 implementation: How to make it easier using ISO 9001 [free webinar on demand] https://advisera.com/27001academy/webinar/iso-27001-implementation-make-easier-using-iso-9001-free-webinar-demand/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Dec 11, 2018

Dec 11, 2018

Suggested Topics