Expert Advice Community

ISO 14001 Practises for communicating environmental aspects

Guest user Created:   Oct 26, 2020 Last commented:   Oct 26, 2020

ISO 14001 Practises for communicating environmental aspects

What are the best practices for communicating SEA's (significant environmental aspects), objectives/targets, and monitoring/measuring to ensure employees will retain the information and can intelligently communicate them to an external auditor?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Oct 26, 2020

I cannot call these as best practices. They are some of the practices I follow.

Employees are not expected to know all significant environmental aspects), or objectives/targets, or monitoring/measuring requirements. What is expected is that they know which are relevant for their job, which ones they can contribute to or influence.

Normally, what I recommend doing is designing a homogeneous audience based on location, and customize a game where people are invited to determine significant environmental aspects from their job and learn about the best practices to handle each one.

Develop the environmental policy day. A day where the environmental policy is presented, with special attention to its commitments, and a link to the environmental objectives and targets.

Again, with a homogeneous audience based on location you can develop a kind of brainstorming about “How can I contribute, in my work, to meet the objectives and targets?”

For each relevant location periodically post the results of monitoring / measurement that people can influence during the performance of their work

Please consider the following information:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Oct 26, 2020

Oct 26, 2020

Suggested Topics