Expert Advice Community

ISO 14001 requirements for emergency planning

Guest user Created:   Sep 28, 2020 Last commented:   Sep 28, 2020

ISO 14001 requirements for emergency planning

I was wondering whether you can share the requirements of ISO 14001 regarding emergency planning with me? Specifically, I am wondering about the requirements for large-scale and high risk manufacturing (such as oil and gas companies, steel producers, chemical production, etc) operations and in how far these requirements tie into facility and process safety.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Sep 28, 2020

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a specific answer. I can only give general answers. I would start with looking for legislation and regulation concerning large-scale and high-risk manufacturing. In many countries these economic activities have to follow some preventive rules that must be taken in consideration while developing an emergency plan.

An organization has to determine potential emergency situations, evaluate them and for the most critical develop preventive actions. In some cases, may be a retention basin to contain leaks and spills, in another may be changing procedures or equipment. However, even with prevention measures emergency situations may occur. For those situations the organization must develop a response. How to act, who must act, where to find help. ISO 14001:2015 also mentions training the response measures and learning with simulations and with the follow-up of any emergency situation.

You can find more information below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Sep 28, 2020

Sep 28, 2020