SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 14001 sample selection and audit planning

Guest user Created:   Feb 19, 2021 Last commented:   Feb 19, 2021

ISO 14001 sample selection and audit planning

What questions to ask management when planning the audit? What system to use to select a sample or anyone can just select a sample he/she thinks is right, the reason I ask this question is that I work for a small audit company where we have no system to select system.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Feb 19, 2021

"what questions to ask management when planning the audit?”

Answer:

ISO 14001:2015 requests top management example, commitment, and leadership. Think about auditing top management about management review, environmental policy and objectives, compliance evaluation results, context, risks, and strategic orientation. I wrote this article about the topic of auditing top management - How to perform an ISO 9001 audit of top management without fear - https://advisera.com/9001academy/blog/2019/05/15/iso-9001-top-management-audit-how-to-perform-it-successfully/ - perhaps it can be useful for you.

What system to use to select sample or anyone can just select sample he/she think is right?

Answer:

An auditor may choose between a statistical and a nonstatistical approach to audit sampling. Normally, during internal audits, you don’t need to follow a standard like ISO 28590 to determine sample size. You need to pick a sample not biased, for example, if you are auditing environmental practices of an organization that works 24 hours a day, the audit also the night shift. And you need to pick a sample size that gives you confidence for a conclusion. If you have 20 containers for segregating wastes, you don’t just check one to conclude that everything is OK or NOK.

You can find practical information in the links below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 19, 2021

Feb 19, 2021