Expert Advice Community

ISO 22301 Maintenance Audit requirements

Guest post Created:   Jan 12, 2016 Last commented:   Jan 12, 2016

ISO 22301 Maintenance Audit requirements

Hi everyone, The company I joined in January this year was ISO 22301 certified in 2013. The maintenance audit is coming up and I'm not sure what the audit entails because I'm relatively new to ISO 22301 - do they re-audit everything or do they focus on specific areas/documentation? I've found a few ISO 22301 audit checklists online, but nothing really relating to the maintenance audits. Can anyone help so I can start planning for the audit? Thank you!
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 22301 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 22301 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Guest post Jan 12, 2016

Sorry also forgot to ask, from an Internal Audit perspective. Our company is quite small and we have 1 internal auditor (me) - who serves as the audit/risk function within the company focusing mainly on the risk management area. Internal audits are only done on request by management as there are continuous external audits/security audits/pen tests taking place within the company (basically every month, there is an audit taking place) so there is no real audit plan in place for internal audit. Internal audit serves as more of a CRM role with the other auditors and basically manages and follows up on findings for the company.

Does that mean a fail for the Internal Audit section of the ISO 22301 audit or would that pass because there is an external audit plan that is maintained and findings and corrective actions are documented and managed by the internal auditor.

Sorry for all the questions, this audit has me in a bit of a panic.

0 0
DejanK Jan 12, 2016

In your first question I assume you refer to surveillance visits performed by certification bodies? They won't re-audit everything, just some areas of your BCMS they think are not developed enough. See also this article: Surveillance visits vs. certification audits https://advisera.com/27001academy/knowledgebase/surveillance-visits-vs-certification-audits/

There is no special preparation for those surveillance visits, you just have to make sure you do everything you have written in your BCMS documentation. Here is one article that speaks about ISO 27001, but it is completely applicable to ISO 22301 as well: How to maintain the ISMS after the certification https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2014/07/14/how-to-maintain-the-isms-after-the-certification/

Regarding the internal audit, it doesn't really matter whether it is performed internally or by an external party as long as in this internal audit the auditor checks whether your company (1) complies with ISO 22301, and (2) complies all the policies, procedures and plans you have written in your BCMS. This article can help you: How to make an Internal Audit checklist for ISO 27001 / ISO 22301 https://advisera.com/27001academy/knowledgebase/how-to-make-an-internal-audit-checklist-for-iso-27001-iso-22301/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 12, 2016

Jan 12, 2016