SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 27001 4 Context Of the Organization

eward010 Created:   Sep 15, 2017 Last commented:   Sep 15, 2017

ISO 27001 4 Context Of the Organization

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

eward010 Sep 15, 2017

Hello All,

I have a question regarding ISO 27001: Section 4. I'm reviewing opportunities of improvement, and the assessor quotes "their needs and expectation towards information does not evident in detail in the aforesaid scope document." In section 4.2, i identified the interested parties as shareholders, employees, contractors, third party vendors, customer user groups, local federal / regulatory organizations and emergency service. In section 4.3, do i need to identify those interested parties in the document? I i only mention the scope as stated in the certificate.

0 0
Expert
Rhand Leal Sep 18, 2017

According to ISO 27001, you do not need to identify interested parties in the scope document, only to consider them when defining the scope. Without knowing the scope statement I cannot provide you a specific answer, but besides interested parties identification, on clause 4.2 you also have to determine the needs and expectations (called "requirements") of these interested parties relevant to information security, because the interested parties requirements also have to be considered when defining the scope.

In fact, according to control A.18.1.1 (Identification of applicable legislation and contractual requirements) it is mandatory to list all the requirements of interested parties. Since you identified the interested parties, the assessor may have expected you to present their requirements too, or at least a reference to the document where this information can be found (an organization can choose whether to list this in a separate document, or within the ISMS Scope document).

These articles will provide you further explanation about scope and interested parties requ irements:
- How to define the ISMS scope https://advisera.com/27001academy/knowledgebase/how-to-define-the-isms-scope/
- How to identify ISMS requirements of interested parties in ISO 27001

These materials will also help you regarding scope and interested parties requirements:
- Book Secure & Simple: A Small-Business Guide to Implementing ISO 27001 On Your Own https://advisera.com/books/secure-and-simple-a-small-business-guide-to-implementing-iso-27001-on-your-own/
- Free online training ISO 27001 Foundations Course https://advisera.com/training/iso-27001-foundations-course/

0 0
eward010 Sep 19, 2017

Hi Rhandleal,

The scope is IT Infrastructure along with HR Administration.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Sep 15, 2017

Sep 19, 2017