SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 27001 certification

Guest user Created:   Dec 02, 2020 Last commented:   Dec 02, 2020

ISO 27001 certification

1. How long can the background preparation stage for ISO 27001 Certification take?

2. Can I make my own assessment in this regard without consulting the policies, regulations and expectations of the company directors?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Dec 02, 2020

1. How long can the background preparation stage for ISO 27001 Certification take?

I’m assuming you are referring to the time for generating records before undergoing the certification audit.

Considering that, please note that ISO 27001 does not require the minimum period of records (i.e. minimum period of the ISMS operation before the certification), however, some certification bodies do have such requirements and some don't, so you should contact your certification body to confirm what criteria it applies.

This article may also help you:

2. Can I make my own assessment in this regard without consulting the policies, regulations and expectations of the company directors?

Please note that such assessment is in fact the internal audit, a mandatory requirement for ISO 27001, so you need to perform it, and for this, you need to consult the applicable implemented policies, procedures, required regulations, and expectations of the company directors (these are essential elements to evaluate if the standard´s criteria are being fulfilled).

These articles will provide you a further explanation about internal audit:

This material can help you organize and perform an internal audit:

These materials will also help you regarding internal audit and certification:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Dec 02, 2020

Dec 02, 2020