1. Is it worth it for me to obtain the ISO 27001 Foundations certification? I would like to get it in April 2022.
Answer: ISO 27001 certification certainly is worthy for professionals, and it will give you a comprehensive view of the standard, but it is not mandatory for your company to get certified.
For further information, see:
- How personal certificates can help your company’s ISMS https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2014/10/06/how-personal-certificates-can-help-companys-isms/
- What to look for when hiring a security professional https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2016/02/15/what-to-look-for-when-hiring-a-security-professional/
- Is ISO 27001 the right path for your career? https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2021/06/07/is-iso-27001-the-right-path-for-your-career/
2. Are “Lead Implementer” and “Lead Auditor” certifications still adequate?
Answer: These certifications are still adequate as proof of competence on ISO 27001, but they are most recommended for professionals that want to work as consultants.
For further information about these certifications, see:
What does ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training look like? https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2016/08/29/what-does-iso-27001-lead-auditor-training-look-like/
What does ISO 27001 Lead Implementer training look like? https://advisera.com/27001academy/blog/2016/11/28/what-does-iso-27001-lead-implementer-training-look-like/
Free online training ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Course https://training.advisera.com/course/iso-27001-lead-auditor-course/
Free online training ISO 27001:2013 Lead Implementer Course https://training.advisera.com/course/iso-27001-lead-implementer-course/