SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification paths

Guest user Created:   Jan 15, 2021 Last commented:   Jan 15, 2021

ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification paths

Could you please help me to understand the difference between the ISO 27001 LA certificates according to the different paths you describe? I think I don't understand the principal differences of: 1) ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certificate I obtain if I pass the appropriate exam provided by you and certified by Exemplar Global 2) Any other ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certificate (e.g. issued by PECB) that is provided only after going through all the steps described here: https://advisera.com/27001academy/knowledgebase/how-to-become-iso-27001-lead-auditor/ I'm concerned because I need the certificate to be able to conduct internal audits for the clients, but for now, I have only 1 year of professional experience (in ISMS) and PECB, for instance, provide Lead Auditor certificated only if you have at least 5 years of experience (including 2 years in ISMS). I would greatly appreciate your support.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Jan 15, 2021

First is important to note that ISO 27001 does not require a Lead Auditor course for performing internal audits. An internal auditor course is enough for such a purpose.

Considering that, there are no significant differences between LA certificates issued by PECB or issued by Advisera/accredited by Exemplar Global. Such certificates are needed only for professional who wants to work as a certification auditor in a certification body, and in this case a particular certification body might have a preference for one or the other accreditation body.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 15, 2021

Jan 15, 2021

Suggested Topics