SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 28000 growth

SteveR Created:   Dec 02, 2020 Last commented:   Dec 03, 2020

ISO 28000 growth

I noticed from the Advisera blog that there had been a significant increase in the numberof organisations certifiying to ISO 28000 (Information Security in Supply Chain).  Does anyone know why this might be? II've filed this under ISO 27001 as that's the closest standard, I think)

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 27001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Rhand Leal Dec 03, 2020

I'm assuming you are referring to the article Which ISO standards are the most popular – Analysis of ISO 2019 survey https://advisera.com/articles/which-iso-standards-are-the-most-popular-analysis-of-iso-2019-survey/ - please note that none of Advisera blog posts mention there is a significant increase in ISO 28000 certifications, nor does this article do so.

Considering that, unfortunately, we are not aware of any detailed survey that can provide verifiable information about reasons for the ISO 28000 growth, but from our experience on ISO 27001, a certified security management system improves organizations competitiveness, because customers have more confidence that such organizations can provide what they need, at the time they need. Additionally, a certifiable supply chain is becoming commonplace, because customers are becoming increasingly concerned not only with their direct suppliers but also with their second and third level suppliers.

This article can provide you benefits related to ISO 27001, that can also be applied to ISO 28000:

0 0
SteveR Dec 03, 2020

Hi Rhand -  thanks for the response.  Yes, that is the article taht I was referring to.

I've been looking at the data on the ISO Survey and there is a spike in ISO28000 certifications from 2018 to 2019 from 617 certificates to 1,874 certificates.  The jump of 203% looks significant as in previous years it has been a 38% (2016-17) and 24% (2017-18). 

You do mention ISO 28000 in your first table of the article (Overview of the valid certfications worldwide), but you don't mention it in any subsequent tables.

If there's noinformation for reasons for growth, I think we can put it down to an increasing awareness of the importance of a resilient supply chain.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Dec 02, 2020

Dec 03, 2020

Suggested Topics