SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001 Clause 5

Guest user Created:   Mar 02, 2020 Last commented:   Mar 02, 2020

ISO 45001 Clause 5

How can I, as a beginner, implement  the ISO 45001 standards in the organization?
Also, how do I go about on Clause 5: Leadership and Worker? Do I need to have any documentation to give to the leaders? If so, how do I format the document?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Mar 02, 2020

The best way to implement ISO 45001 is to take a systematic approach and work through the standard, starting with commitment and a gap analysis that identifies what you are already doing. Then work through a systematic process of implementing what you do not already have but is required. You can see the systematic way of implementation in the diagram below.

As for clause 5, many of the leadership requirements do not need documentation as they are a listing of top management OHSMS philosophy rather than what needs to go into a procedure. It is only mandatory for a procedure when the standard uses the term “documented information”, so in clause 5 you need to document objectives and worker participation and consultation, but not everything. You can learn more in the whitepaper below.

For more on the systematic way to implement ISO 45001, see the diagram: Diagram of ISO 45001 Implementation Process, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/diagram-of-iso-45001-implementation-process

To ensure that you do not miss any documentation, see the whitepaper: Checklist of Mandatory Documentation Required by ISO 45001, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/checklist-of-mandatory-documentation-required-by-iso-45001  

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Mar 02, 2020

Mar 02, 2020

Suggested Topics