Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 and 14001 certification and integration

Guest user Created:   Mar 03, 2021 Last commented:   Mar 03, 2021

ISO 9001 and 14001 certification and integration

How to integrate ISO 9001 with ISO 14001? What are the basic requirements for certification? What are the best practices followed by organizations seeking ISO 14001 certification?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Mar 03, 2021

How to integrate ISO 9K with ISO 14K

Answer:

Organizations exist to serve clients. So, I recommend starting with modeling how the organizations serve clients based on the process approach and ISO 9001.

https://www.screencast.com/users/ccruz5284/folders/Default/media/6cda8c8b-252d-411d-a716-61e78f632784

Then, I consider other interested parties:

https://www.screencast.com/users/ccruz5284/folders/Default/media/b098e50a-df24-41b2-ae71-70db2aa73af9

Based on ISO 14001 and interested parties' requirements I recommend organizations to determine environmental aspects and impacts, compliance obligations, and risks.

From here, it is possible to determine what needs to be done to improve the interaction with the environment while serving clients. And what needs to be done can be translated to things like:

• Add work instructions specifically about environmental practices
  • Update work instructions from quality with tips and requirements to be followed because of improvement needs relevant to the environment
  • Make changes in layouts and visual management in order to help people comply with environmental requirements while doing their work
  • Develop action plans to meet quality and environmental objectives

Of course, you will have several activities that can be immediately integrated like training, management review, internal audits, document control, monitoring, and measurement.

You can find more information below:

what are the basic requirements for certification?

Answer:

I don’t know if I’m understanding correctly your question. To be certified an organization has to comply with management system standards (both at the design of the system level and at the conformity of practices level) and has to comply with compliance obligations.

what are the best practices followed by organisations seeking for ISO 14k certification?

Answer:

Setup a project sponsor, a project manager, and a project team. Determine the scope of the EMS. Ensure top management support, get training. Designing and implementing an environmental management system (EMS) implies being knowledgeable about ISO 14001:2015.

As a first step perform a Gap analysis, to determine the amount of work to be done - comparing what your organization already has in place versus ISO 14001:2015 requirements. From that GAP Analysis, you can develop your Project Plan, listing what needs to be done, by whom, until when.

From there it is implementation in order to close the gaps found. Then, perform an internal audit and the management review. There you can decide if your organization is ready for a certification audit.

Perhaps the following links can be useful:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Mar 03, 2021

Mar 03, 2021

Suggested Topics