Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 and property belonging to customers/external providers

Guest user Created:   Jun 05, 2020 Last commented:   Jun 05, 2020

ISO 9001 and property belonging to customers/external providers

I would like to know what exactly is property belonging to customers or external providers(suppliers).

I don't think we utilize any property that is used or incorporated into the products and services that my company makes.

How is it different from regular purchased parts from suppliers that we utilize to make our products or return part under rma under warranty or out of warranty for service or repair. 

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Jun 05, 2020

Clause 8.5.3 about property belonging to customers or external providers (suppliers) may not be applicable to every organization.

Simpler case – a customer bought a product and that product is returned for planned maintenance, or for correcting some defect, or for upgrading some part (last week I updated my computer battery, for example).

Business to consumer – your company sold a washing machine to a consumer and one of your company’s teams is going to install it at the consumer’s kitchen. You expect that the team does not damage the consumer’s kitchen.

Business to business case – consider a brand that outsources the manufacturing of its garments to a manufacturer. The manufacturer buys and applies all materials, but the brand supplies the high-profile brand labels. Those labels must be protected from theft or any kind of loss. For all purposes, those labels are like money.

Intellectual property – a customer sends you, the manufacturer, the blueprints of its later high-tech gadget. Customers expect that the blueprints are protected from theft or leaking into the media.

Molds – A customer has a mold and asks your organization to manufacture injection molding parts with it. The customer expects that you don’t start injection parts with that mold for your own use

External providers – It is becoming more common that organizations don’t possess equipment, they rent it to an external provider. For example, in a construction company, the scaffolding structure used may belong to an external provider.

You can find more information below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jun 05, 2020

Jun 05, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 20, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Procurement and ISO 9001

Guest user Created:   Sep 29, 2023 ISO 9001