Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 and supply chain control

Guest user Created:   Nov 20, 2020 Last commented:   Nov 20, 2020

ISO 9001 and supply chain control

Why does ISO9k not focus more on supply chain control? the existing points on supplier management pay no respect to supply chain and BCM as result of issues caused. also, control of fake/fraudulent components during the supply chain is not controlled.

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Nov 20, 2020

ISO 9001 is a generic standard applicable to all kinds of organizations. If an organization uses ISO 9001 to improve the business and to do more than just getting a certificate, we can look into clauses 4.2 and 6.1 of ISO 9001:2015 as a way of answering your concerns. For example, in this free webinar on-demand - Context of the organization, interested parties, and scope - - I show how a set of participants in a business ecosystem can be included. When working with organizations on this topic I recommend thinking in more than just the needs and expectations of the interested party – that means:
https://www.screencast.com/users/ccruz5284/folders/Default/media/c4e88d5a-fd02-437d-a8d6-3631a8fdbff5

About the fake/fraudulent components, it is a matter of thinking about risks and acting on those more significant. For example, I’m currently working with a manufacturing company on the implementation of a quality management system. One of the risks determined was about using raw materials during production with specifications changed by the supplier without warning. So, we determined a set of laboratory tests to be performed every x months. 

You can find more information below about mitigating risks.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Nov 20, 2020

Nov 20, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 27, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Quality Control Processes

Guest user Created:   Oct 20, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1