SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 internal auditor in health care domain

Guest user Created:   Dec 20, 2016 Last commented:   Dec 20, 2016

ISO 9001 internal auditor in health care domain

I am overwhelmed and motivated by the response in all aspects from Advisera to take up the course; however, I am stuck at a point where I am unable to decide to go forward with the certification or not. My inability to go further with the course or the certification is due to lack of knowledge on the role of an ISO:9001 auditor in healthcare domain.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Dec 20, 2016

I would be grateful if you can provide me an insight into the role of a healthcare professional having 15 years of domain knowledge experience and carrying a PMP and Certified Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt certifications and a Certified Coding Professional certification,
1. What is the primary role of an ISO:9001 auditor in hospitals/healthcare organizations?

The role of the internal audit is the same as in any other type of business, to conduct internal audits and report on the audit results.

2. What are the roles that can be shouldered with an ISO:9001 auditing certification?

Having internal auditor certificate will demonstrate that you are familiar with ISO 9001 standard requireme nts and competent to conduct internal audits. This means that you can be management representative for QMS or Quality Manager. Basically you can do any activity related to ISO 9001 except conducting certification audits. For more information, see: What is the job of the Quality Manager according to ISO 9001? https://advisera.com/9001academy/blog/2016/08/23/what-is-the-job-of-the-quality-manager-according-to-iso9001/

3. What are the employment prospects and benefits having an ISO:9001 auditing certification.

As I mentioned above, with ISO 9001 auditing certificate you can be in charge of any activity withing the QMS, it is usually addition to the existing job position but in many cases it can be separate job, e.g. Quality Manager. Especially in bigger companies.

4. How would this role face competition with peers who have compliance certifications in healthcare?

Our ISO 9001 internal auditor course is accredited by third party so it has credibility, it is in line with other accredited ISO 9001 internal audit certificates.

I would sincerely appreciate your reply and this would certainly enable me to resolve my conflicts that I have with ISO:9001 auditor certification.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Dec 20, 2016

Dec 20, 2016

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Dec 11, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
1 0

Internal Audits

Guest user Created:   Oct 20, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1