SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 Non-conformance justification

Guest user Created:   Feb 10, 2021 Last commented:   Feb 10, 2021

ISO 9001 Non-conformance justification

I wonder if you could possibly help me with the following problem.

In auditing a client’s Infrastructure function (ISO 9001:2015 clause 7.1.3) I note there is no specific requirement in the standard to retain any documentation. Would this be covered by clause 7.5.1 (b)?

I am asking because, in the case of documentation being lacking or incomplete, is one justified in issuing a Non-conformance? According to 7.1.3, it doesn’t seem like it; but can it be issued under 7.5.1 (b) even though this specific clause is not being audited?

Would much appreciate your thoughts on this when you have the time

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Feb 10, 2021

Normally, auditors audit processes or departments, let us call it the physical audit scope. While auditing a process or a department they have to consider the audit criteria, and the audit criteria can be all clauses of the standard and internal procedures applicable within the scope of the audit.

Let me imagine you are auditing process “Prevent breakdown time” or the Maintenance Department. Now, go to ISO 9001:2015 clause 4.4.1 c) – methods and criteria have to be determined. Then, go to ISO 9001:2015 clause 4.4.2 – organizations are free to design the required documented information structure, they have to comply with the mandatory documents and records of standard, but they can go beyond. Once included in the system’s design those documents and records have to be controlled according to ISO 9001:2015 clause 7.5.1 b).

In the case of documentation being lacking or incomplete, as long as it is considered part of the QMS, you should raise a nonconformity. However, I think it is not about 7.5.1 b). Think, what is the problem with those records? Bad design? (clause 7.5.2). Lack of control? (clause 7.5.3). People not knowing how to fill a record? (clause 7.2). Not clear who has to fill the record? (clause 5.3)

You can find more information about documentation below:

0 2

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 10, 2021

Feb 10, 2021

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 20, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Procurement and ISO 9001

Guest user Created:   Sep 29, 2023 ISO 9001