Expert Advice Community

ISO 9001 - Quality Objectives and Processes

Guest user Created:   Jun 28, 2023 Last commented:   Jun 28, 2023

ISO 9001 - Quality Objectives and Processes

So far, I have one question on quality objectives.  We’ve identified 14 processes in our process map – am I required to have quality objectives for each process?  6.2.1 says that we “shall establish quality objectives at relevant functions, levels, and processes” – it does not say all processes.  Can I interpret that as our organization can choose which of the 14 processes we want to establish quality objectives for?

Tags: iso9001
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Jun 28, 2023

First, you identified 14 processes.

Please check ISO 9001:2015 clause 4.4.1 c) – your organization must have a least one indicator/objective per process to monitor its performance. But those indicators/objectives are not necessarily quality objectives, high level objectives aligned and deployed from the quality policy.

Process performance indicators are one thing, quality objectives are another thing. Some process indicators can also be quality objectives.

Second, regarding “Can I interpret that as our organization can choose which of the 14 processes, we want to establish quality objectives for?” Yes, you can choose, but should not be a free choose, should be a function of strategy and quality policy.

Please check the third slide after the agenda of this Free webinar on demand.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jun 28, 2023

Jun 28, 2023

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Apr 11, 2022 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Ensuring Quality Objectives

Guest user Created:   Jul 19, 2021 ISO 9001
Replies: 1