SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Making IATF 16949 transition using documentation templates

Guest user Created:   Jun 27, 2017 Last commented:   Jun 27, 2017

Making IATF 16949 transition using documentation templates

The company I work for is going to have to make the transition to IATF 16949, but has a QMS that has heavily degraded over the years. I just started her in February of this year, and still struggle to find missing pieces of the existing system. I came across "Pre-Built" Quality Systems for purchase that can be modified to suit the company. A big part of me is tempted to buy one as it will save me a lot of time. What are your thoughts on something like this?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Jun 27, 2017

Answer:

The templates can e very useful and save you a lot of time and effort in the transition project. They are usually well formatted and cover all requirements of the standard regarding the documentation. Basically, you will save yourself from spending too much time on details and technicalities related to the standard and focus on the essence and process control.

When thinking of purchasing the templates it is important to make sure it contains all mandatory documents an d maybe some non-mandatory documents that can be useful. And also to see what kind of support is included in the price, do they offer online meetings, answering your questions by email, document review, etc.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jun 27, 2017

Jun 27, 2017

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Aug 29, 2023 IATF 16949
Replies: 1
0 0

NPI project for IATF

Guest user Created:   May 15, 2023 IATF 16949
Replies: 2