SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Mandatory documents in ISO 45001

Guest user Created:   Aug 26, 2019 Last commented:   Aug 26, 2019

Mandatory documents in ISO 45001

I am confused about the non mandatory documents i.e. the procedures, when I checked some of clauses that you referred to as non mandatory I found the word "Shall" in the requirement in some of clauses you classified as non mandatory. Moreover, I am interesting to know how to structure such documents for example (responsibilities and authorities within OHSMS)
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Aug 26, 2019

Answer:
The use of the word “shall” in the requirement is indicating that you need to perform this function or activity, but this does not indicate that the ISO 45001:2018 standard requires you to document anything. Many processes which are required do not need to be documented, or have documented records. It is the use of the term “documented information” which indicates that there is a mandatory documentation requirement from the standard. Where the standard does not use the term “documented information”, but many companies include this in their OHSMS, we have included this in the document about mandatory documents of ISO 45001.
There is no one best way to document what is requi red in the OHSMS, so the best advice is to determine what will work best for you to be able to locate the information when needed. For larger companies, there is a good documentation structure discussed in the link below.
For more on structuring documentation in the ISO 45001:2018 OHSMS, see the article: How to structure ISO 45001 documentation, https://advisera.com/45001academy/blog/2018/11/08/how-to-structure-iso-45001-documentation/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Aug 26, 2019

Aug 26, 2019