SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Question on ISO 13485 & MDR

Guest user Created:   Apr 14, 2020 Last commented:   Apr 17, 2020

Question on ISO 13485 & MDR

The reason of my interest is not that that I want or must have the ISO13485 certification, but my supplier (a medical device manufacturer) for whom I sell their devices already for over 10 years, is suddenly asking me a list of all my clients, as they say they must contact my clients in view of ISO13485 & MDR…?

In my belief, this is not compulsory for them to do.

Are you in agreement with me?

As their rep. and sales office I can contact of course my buyers on their behalf, IF at all needed??

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 13485 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 13485 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Kristina Zvonar Brkić Apr 17, 2020

In MDR in article 14 there are stated General obligations of distributors. Distributor need to inform manufacturer in the following situations: 

• If he consider or have reason to believe that a device is not in conformity with MDR

• If he received complaints or reports from healthcare professionals, patients or users about suspected incidents with the device in question.

Therefore, you are not obliged to provide to manufacturers all your client list. 

0 0
    René van Liemt Apr 17, 2020

Dear Kristina,

Many thanks for your reply, which confirms exactly what I already expected it to be. Unfortunately my supplier "tries" to collect my list of clients in order to get in touch with them directly. Simply because their sales are decreasing worldwide, which can be explained of course, as I have my experience with them for over 10 years. Guidelines have changed in the medical world and in our case not to the benefits of the supplier/manufacturer. And therefore they think they can contact clients better directly...... Imagine. Now they used the argument that I "must" supply them the list of clients because ISO 13485 "demands" this....

Once more many thanks your cler answers.

Best regardds,

René van Liemt

www.arteriograph.nl

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Apr 14, 2020

Apr 17, 2020