SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Resolving 14001 certification audit findings

Guest user Created:   Dec 28, 2016 Last commented:   Dec 28, 2016

Resolving 14001 certification audit findings

From the certification audit the following has been found, please advise if they are NC or observations:
0 1

Assign topic to the user

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 14001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Dec 28, 2016

1. The company's legal register identified some outdated pieces of legislation.

You have replied that it's related to the evaluation of compliance ( 4.5.2). And my thought process was around the control of documents (4.4.5) prevent the unintended use of obsolete documents. Could you please confirm.

It would be a question of unintended use of documents f you have updated list of legal requirements but you didn't distributed it to the place of use. If this is not a case, than it is a question of evaluation of compliance and clause 4.3.2 Legal and other requirements.

2. Is it mandatory for on organisation to have a legal register? The standard refers to the requirement of having an established procedure to identify and have access to the applicable requirements, and no reference to the register. If the organisation have a register place, can it contain old pieces of legislation as well as new ones?

The standard doesn't no t explicitly requires the register, but if you've chosen to have one, you must keep it up to date. It should only contain relevant legal requirements.

3. The situation when the spill kits in the vehicle fuelling area of the yard were empty and there was evidence of some spills occurring. I think it's a NC related to 4.4.7 emergency preparedness and response. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is more question of operational control. Are all procedures and work instructions followed, and maybe you need to define how often the spill kits would be checked to prevent them from being empty.

4. It was found that the person carrying out internal audits has no formal training to do so, is it NC or you would say an observation if it was asked by the auditor to expand the sample and it was evident that other employees met the criteria of competence and all those records were kept?

There is no explicit requirement for formal training of the internal auditor so this can only be a observation. I can suggest you to recommend to your internal auditor to attend our free ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Course https://advisera.com/training/iso-14001-internal-auditor-course/

Thank you so much for your help.

0 0
lina6 Dec 28, 2016

Dear Strahinja, thank you for invaluable expertise and advice! I have a question in reference to ISO 9001:2008, can I post it here or on the 9001 blog?

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Dec 28, 2016

Dec 28, 2016