SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Risk-based thinking in IATF 16949

Guest user Created:   Jul 20, 2017 Last commented:   Jul 20, 2017

Risk-based thinking in IATF 16949

I would like to have more information regarding risk based thinking in new IATF requirement. Do you have any example to implement risk based thinking in organization? Right now I want to give awareness training to my staff regarding risk based thinking. Really need how to determine to staff which only do operation process only.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

IATF 16949 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Jul 20, 2017

Answer:

When it comes to risk-based thinking or addressing risks and opportunities, IATF 16949 has addition to requirements of ISO 9001. IATF 16949 requires risk analysis to include, at minimum, product recalls, product audits, returns and repairs, complaints, scraps and rework. The evidence of the risks-based thinking would be FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) conducted for processes with appropriate actions taken to address the risks. As far as the staff operating the processes is concerned, the best approach is to focus primarily on the risks emerging from their processes and what has to be done to avoid the risks. For example, how to perform the activities and avoid the nonconformities.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 20, 2017

Jul 20, 2017

Suggested Topics