SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

SWOT analysis and management structure in ISO 9001

Guest user Created:   Aug 24, 2021 Last commented:   Aug 24, 2021

SWOT analysis and management structure in ISO 9001

I want to understand the frame/process that is followed in creating an ISO management documentation - are you able to provide a structure. Also I liked that a SWOT analysis is carried out.  Is a SWOT always carried out?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz Aug 24, 2021

“I want to understand the frame / process that is followed in creating an ISO management documentation - are you able to provide a structure.”

In this article, you see the most common frame used to describe a quality management system (QMS) documentation - How to structure quality management system documentation - https://advisera.com/9001academy/knowledgebase/how-to-structure-quality-management-system-documentation/

It starts with the quality policy, the most high-level document in a QMS, continues with a quality manual, no longer mandatory with ISO 9001:2015, but still considered useful by most organizations to present a general description of the management system. For example, I recommend designing the quality manual based on the process mapping exercise of clause 4.4.1 b). Then come the procedures where we can describe what is done in the QMS, by whom, and when. When it is needed a more detailed description about how to do something in the QMS we use work instructions. At the base, we have forms that, once filled in, become records. We have also other records not generated by filling a form. For example, an e-mail sent by a customer with a complaint becomes a record.

Procedures and work instructions are not mandatory. Please check clause 4.4.2. Each organization can consider a list of topics when thinking about what procedures are needed or not. Consider that procedure may be useful or needed because of:

• The complexity of tasks – complex tasks are more prone to errors and mistakes;
  • Staff rotation – if staff rotation is high, people have not much experience and a procedure that someone can use as a guide in case of doubt is very useful;
  • Staff training – if staff training is very poor
  • Performance – if performance results show a bad performance perhaps procedures can help people in their work
  • Complaints – a particular case of performance
  • Requirement – if a law, or a standard, or a contract requires a procedure.

“Also, I liked that a SWOT analysis is carried out.  Is a SWOT always carried out?"

Carrying out a SWOT analysis is not mandatory. So, organizations may not use it. In this free webinar-on-demand, I show how the SWOT analysis can be used - ISO 9001:2015 clause 4 - Context of the organization, interested parties, and scope - https://advisera.com/9001academy/webinar/iso-90012015-clause-4-context-of-the-organization-interested-parties-and-scope-free-webinar/

You can find more information about context, documents, and records below:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Aug 24, 2021

Aug 24, 2021

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 20, 2023 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Procurement and ISO 9001