SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Use of customer logos in AS9100 records

Guest user Created:   Oct 25, 2018 Last commented:   Oct 25, 2018

Use of customer logos in AS9100 records

Staff at this AS9100D company have a habit of copy/pasting customers logos to company documents that will function as records. For me, it’s mind boggling that staff would freely rip logos from customer websites.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Oct 25, 2018

Is there are area of AS9100 that would cover this issue? Using customer logos might cause mistake or confusion about the source of the record.

Answer:
As with all the ISO management system standard the requirements give you a description of what needs to be done, but do not give you a prescriptive way of doing it. As such there is no mention of this sort of specific example in the standard, only giving you the requirements for having systems to maintain documented information. However, I do agree that this usage could be confusing on records and may also infringe on legal requirements if the usage was not pre-approved, but I am not a legal expert for this.
For more information on what AS9100 Rev D includes see this Clause-by-clause explanation of AS9100 Rev D: https://info.advisera.com/9100academy/free-download/clause-by-clause-explanation-of-as9100-rev-d

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Oct 25, 2018

Oct 25, 2018

Suggested Topics

Robert Kessell Created:   Apr 10, 2024 AS9100
Replies: 1
0 0

Zeiss CMM Users

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2022 AS9100
Replies: 2