SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

What does ISO 45001 add to SAMTRAC

Guest user Created:   Feb 06, 2019 Last commented:   Feb 06, 2019

What does ISO 45001 add to SAMTRAC

1. I have Samtrac and busy with Safety Management in my final year. I wish to be a Health and Safety Consultant, how will IS0 45001 help me?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Feb 06, 2019

2. Do I need to do it or is Samtrac and Safety management enough?
Answers:
1. The ISO 45001:2018 standard is an internationally recognized standard that includes all of the processes which are agreed to be necessary for a comprehensive system to manage and improve OH&S performance in the workplace. The standard goes beyond simply meeting legal requirements and managing risk, but also includes the need to improve the processes and OH&S performance over time. This improvement focus, along with the need to integrate OH&S processes into the business processes, is an addition to the ISO 45001 standard which goes beyond just managing safety and OH&S risk. This being said, ISO 45001:2018 is a document which contains the requirements for an organization to implement, and is not something that an individual is certified to. An individual can only understand how to implement the standard, and be trained to implement and audit the requirements.
2. This depends on what you wish to do. SAMTRAC deals with occupational risk management, and fits in very well with the overall safety management processes. Using the ISO 45001:2018 standard to understand all of the requirements of a world-recognized OH&S management system can help you to understand how safety and risk management integrate into the processes of the company, which could be very useful for anyone you are going to consult.
For more information on understanding the ISO 45001 clauses, see this whitepaper: Clause-by-clause explanation of ISO 45001:2018, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/clause-by-clause-explanation-of-iso-45001

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 06, 2019

Feb 06, 2019