Expert Advice Community

Nonconformities and corrective actions

Guest user Created:   Jul 01, 2017 Last commented:   Jul 01, 2017

Nonconformities and corrective actions

I recently started working for this company and I noticed that when an audit finding is observed and it is warranted for a CAR, they initiate not only a CAR but also a NCR. When asked, it was explained to me that the audit finding is a nonconformance, therefore they initiate a NCR to document the nonconformance and use CAR to request for corrective action plan.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Jul 01, 2017

In my previous employment and experience, we usually initiate only a CAR for audit findings. To me, it seems like redundancy.

Do you see a reason for initiating a NCR? Is it a requirement?

Answer:

Results of the certification audit can be minor and major nonconformities and recommendations. In case of nonconformities, you will need to document them as per clause 10.2.2 regardless of who identified the nonconformity. Then you evaluate the need for action to eliminate the cause(s) of the nonconformity, in order that it does not recur or occur elsewhere, and that is corrective action.

This might seem as a redundancy but, it provides traceability and also enables the organ ization to file more information on the nonconformity, then the ones stated in certification audit report.

For more information, see: How to deal with nonconformities in an ISO 9001 certification audit https://advisera.com/9001academy/blog/2015/06/09/how-to-deal-with-nonconformities-in-an-iso-9001-certification-audit/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 01, 2017

Jul 01, 2017

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Oct 30, 2018 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Selection of Quality Manager

Guest user Created:   Sep 07, 2018 ISO 9001
Replies: 1