SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

7.5.4 Customer Property and intellectual property

Guest user Created:   Jan 12, 2016 Last commented:   Jan 12, 2016

7.5.4 Customer Property and intellectual property

I have no property in my possession that belongs to customer other than customer orders for purchase of desk top and lap tap computers. My customers specify what are the features that should be included in the computer. I buy the specified parts from the HP, Dell & Linux catalog, assemble it and send to the customer and in some cases Dell, HP & Linux directly sends to my customer when I give what features my customer wants.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

StrahinjaS Jan 12, 2016

The only info I have in my possession is customer orders that specifies what features customer wants, i.e. customer orders. Is this considered as "Intellectual Property" and therefore Clause 7.5.4 apply? I select from the suppliers' catalog that meets my customers' specifications. Also I have not been asked by my customer to treat his purchase order info as "Confidential".

My question is do Clause 7.5.4 apply for my above services when I have nothing in my possession of property that belongs to my customer other than customer order specifying what hardware they want in the lap or desk top.
Can you please tell when "in tellectual property" makes Clause 7.5.4 applicable?

Answer:

The clause 7.5.4 doesn't apply to your business, customer orders are not considered as a property. You just need to explain in your Quality Manual that this clause don't apply to your organizations since you don't perform processes that include customer property. However, if your business includes repairing the computers or servicing them, you will need to include this clause in your QMS.

The intellectual property in your case would be some working instructions or software, etc.

Here is one interesting article regarding the subject:
- Understanding Product & Service Provision in ISO 9001 https://advisera.com/9001academy/blog/2014/10/07/understanding-product-service-provision-iso-9001/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jan 12, 2016

Jan 12, 2016