Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

AS9100 Rev D: Material test reports

Guest user Created:   Jul 30, 2019 Last commented:   Jul 30, 2019

AS9100 Rev D: Material test reports

We are currently certified to ISO9001 but are considering moving to AS9100. I am working my way through the standard and I am slightly confused regarding the section 8.4.2 Type and extent of control.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Jul 30, 2019

"When a customer or organization has identified raw material as a significant operational risk (e. g., critical items), the organization shall implement a process to validate the accuracy of test reports."

Does this mean that although we have material supplied to us through our supply chain, (that are certified to AS9100/9001, monitored, audited and measured) is supplied with full traceability and C of C of raw material. Do I need to send this material away for testing to verify that these results are valid?

Answer:
While sending material away for test is one way to validate the accuracy of test reports, the standard only requires that you have a process to validate accuracy. Your process could be through the choice of legitimate suppliers for this material to ensure that you get valid material and not counterfeit material that does not meet the necessary requirements. Review of the traceability and C of C may be included into the process for this validation.

That being said, if you have a customer requirement to perform this validation testing then the contract overrides the standard and you must meet the customer contractual requirement.

To help make sure you don’t miss any required documentation for AS9100 in your transition, see the whitepaper: AS9100 Rev D List of Mandatory Documents, https://info.advisera.com/9100academy/free-download/as9100-rev-d-list-of-mandatory-documents

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 30, 2019

Jul 30, 2019

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Sep 21, 2017 AS9100
Replies: 1
0 0

AS9100D clause 8.4.2.d

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2022 AS9100
Replies: 2