Expert Advice Community

AS9100 Transfer of work procedure

Guest user Created:   May 24, 2019 Last commented:   May 24, 2019

AS9100 Transfer of work procedure

I am implementing AS9100D and I am struggling with Transfer of Work procedure any suggestions or templates?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

AS9100 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar May 24, 2019

Answer:
The requirements for work transfer are included at the end of clause 8.1, operational planning and control, and include some very simple requirements. Basically, when you need to transfer work (either permanently or temporarily), have a process to plan this transfer so that you continue to have product and service conformity. When doing this make sure you manage the impacts and risks or the transfer. The note then forwards you to clause 8.4 if you are transferring work to an outside provider such as a supplier, or to clause 8.5 when you are transferring work into your organization.
It is important to note, that the standard doesn’t require you to have a procedure specifically for work transfers. If you are transferring work to a supplier then this is the same as any other purchase for a supplier where you assess the risks of the supplier and decide what controls you need for that supplier so that you get the right product or service. For this I would simply add information into the purchasing procedure about following these assessments for work transfer to supplier.
Likewise, work transfer into your facility is the same as any work you are going to accept into your product and service provision process, you will assess the risks and controls before you start. In this case I would *** some statements into the procedures for the production department about work transfers following the same assessment route. In both cases, why confuse people by having a separate procedure that is almost never used when the information could be in a clause of their standard procedure.
If you are looking for specific template for these procedures, or any others, you can see samples in our AS9100 Documentation Toolkit, https://advisera.com/9100academy/as9100-documentation-toolkit/

0 1

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

May 24, 2019

May 24, 2019

Suggested Topics

Sam Tillman Created:   Apr 06, 2023 AS9100
Replies: 2
0 0

Performing work outside scope

Guest user Created:   Nov 03, 2022 AS9100
Replies: 2