Performing work outside scope
One of our AS900 location (we will call them "TMT") is listed on our AS9100 certifications with only service scope. TMT is considering doing manufacturing work within our facility for another one of our divisions (RMS) which has a different AS9100 certificate, and TMT is Not listed on their As9100 certificate.
We have our recertification audit in June,
1. If TMT does the manufacturing work for RMS can our 3rd party auditors look at this process and audit it during our upcoming recertification audit?
2. Can our 3rd party auditors write us a nonconformance for TMT not having manufacturing under our scope even though they aren't doing work for our Site for us but the work will be performed in our facility?
3. Should we, or are we required to request an exclusion for our upcoming recertification audit for this portion of the work even if the work isn't for our division (but work will physically be performed within our site)?.
4. Other than clause 4.3 determining the scope, what other clauses would apply to this unique situation?
5. If RMS is considering TMT their supplier, is TMT still required to have a scope with manufacturing listed?
6.If TMT does this work what kinds of things are they not allowed to use belonging to our site? I'm assuming the other site is responsible for providing all the tools, gages, resources, work instructions, for the other site.
7. Should they add manufacturing in their scope under our certification or does it matter?
7. Any other concerns I should have?
Assign topic to the user
Please select user.
Apr 06, 2023