First of all, you need to know that even if the standard includes requirements about how to deal with human resources it does not require the creation of a human resources procedure.
If you decide to write an HR procedure aligned with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, you will need to consider the following:
- Requirements of Clause 7.1.2 (People): This clause requires your organization to determine the people that you need for operating the processes of your QMS and to determine the people needed to achieve conformity of products and services.
- Requirements of Clause 7.2 (Competence): This clause states most of requirements for the HR procedure in the ISO 9001:2015 including four sub-clauses, which are a 4-step process:
1. Determine the competence of the people needed to perform the activities that can affect the performance and effectiveness of the QMS.
2. Ensure people are competent through education, training or experience.
3. Acquire competence
4. Retain documented evidence to show that people are competent. This could include the job description that listed the competencies and all of the training records collected for an employee to show how to perform tasks associated with his position.
The following material will provide you information about the HR procdure: