SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Implementing ISO 9001 in hospital

Guest user Created:   Apr 04, 2017 Last commented:   Apr 04, 2017

Implementing ISO 9001 in hospital

I want to implement the ISO standard a in my Hospital . Can you guide me for the same . I need the standard manual , the step wise detailing for ISO certification
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Strahinja Stojanovic Apr 04, 2017

Answer:

By implementing ISO standard, I assume you mean ISO 9001, but the implementation process wouldn't differ too much from standard to standard, only the different requirements would be implemented.

Assuming that you already have support from the top management, the best way to start the implementation process is by conducting GAP analysis to determine to what extent your organization is already compliant with the standard and what needs to be done to achieve full compliance with the standard. Once you determine the gaps, you can develop project plan for the implementation defining what needs to be done, who will do it, what resources are needed and what are the deadlines.

Then you should start implementing requirements of the standard and the implementation process is consisted of developing documents, updating and establishing processes to meet all applicable requireme nts of the standard. When the implementation project is over, you should conduct internal audit and management review to ensure that your Quality Management System is compliant with ISO 9001. Finally, you can hire certification body to conduct the audit and issue your company the certificate.

For more information about the implementation, see: Checklist of ISO 9001 implementation & certification steps https://advisera.com/9001academy/knowledgebase/checklist-of-iso-9001-implementation-certification-steps/

As far as the standard manual is concerned, it is no longer a mandatory document, so you can decide whether to develop it or not. For more information, see: The future of the Quality Manual in ISO 9001:2015 https://advisera.com/9001academy/knowledgebase/the-future-of-the-quality-manual-in-iso-90012015/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Apr 04, 2017

Apr 04, 2017

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Apr 19, 2016 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

Implementing ISO 9001 in hospitals

Guest user Created:   Apr 12, 2016 ISO 9001
Replies: 1