SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

Internal ISO 9001-2015 audit

Guest user Created:   May 12, 2020 Last commented:   May 12, 2020

Internal ISO 9001-2015 audit

I am conducting my first internal ISO 9001-2015 audit. I am trying to determine whether or not I am doing it right. I have identified the sections in our company manual to answer the questions, but do I need to obtain paper proof? If I discover a procedure that has not been implemented, do I include it in the audit with a procedure to correct?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 9001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Carlos Pereira da Cruz May 12, 2020

I have identified the sections in our company manual to answer the questions, but do I need to obtain paper proof?

Answer:

You need to obtain evidences that support the answers to your questions. What people say in their answers are not facts, are pseudofacts. You have to get evidences, facts that support what people say in their answers. For example, it might be a demonstration, or it might be a record, or it might be corroboration from others, in different places and at different times. So, you need proof, but not necessarily a paper proof.

if I discover a procedure that has not been implemented, do I include it in the audit with a procedure to correct?

Answer:

No. If the procedure is not implemented you found a nonconformity. You should write the nonconformity with evidences. That is your role as auditor.

Auditors do not compromise their independence and impartiality with a solution to the nonconformity. The solution is up to the quality manager or, even better, to the audited area manager. Auditees may decide that the procedure is OK, and what was wrong was a lack of training, ineffective training for the procedure users, for example. It is not auditors job to propose solutions.

The following material will provide you more information about internal audit:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

May 12, 2020

May 12, 2020

Suggested Topics

Guest user Created:   Jan 06, 2021 ISO 9001
Replies: 1
0 0

ISO 9001 questions

Guest user Created:   Jun 28, 2018 ISO 9001