SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 20000:2011 -> ISO 20000:2018 transition

Guest user Created:   Feb 06, 2019 Last commented:   Feb 06, 2019

ISO 20000:2011 -> ISO 20000:2018 transition

I am doing research on how to help my organization transfer from ISO/IEC 20000:2011 to 2018 version. Do you have any expert advice to give me? What is important to keep in mind in order to pass the audit? Any information would be highly appreciated.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 20000 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 20000 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Branimir Valentic Feb 06, 2019

Answer:
First of all, investment made in ISO 20000 (according to 2011 revision of the standard) is not vested effort. Many elements are "recyclable". There are some parts that are simplified but there are also some new requirements.
First of all - new revision follows High Level Structure (HLS), so if you have any other management system in place, it will be very usable in ISO 20000 transition.
Documentation requirements are less than in 2011 revision. But, most of the documents can be reused although not directly required (e.g. Capacity Plan - it's not required to document it but you need to plan it).
Few new requirements (e.g. Context of the organization or Knowledge Management) will need to be addressed but experience with other management systems helps.
Process requirements - many of the m are simplified. That leaves more space for the implementation according to your own organizational setup (or some see it as - lowering bureaucracy).
Note that there are some items that are renamed, like CMDB - focus is on Configuration information.
You will also need to split some processes, like Incident and Service Request Management.

So, yes there are changes but nothing you that invincible.

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 06, 2019

Feb 06, 2019

Suggested Topics