Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001: Dealing with risk

Guest user Created:   Aug 08, 2019 Last commented:   Aug 08, 2019

ISO 45001: Dealing with risk

Our existing HIRA practice we are identify risk of asset, environment and reputation of company image in addition with personal risk. Now, our Auditor is asked to changed the HIRA process and only capture personal based risk while migrate to 45001. Please advise me and give me relevant clause.
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Aug 08, 2019

Answer:
Clause 6.1.2.1, hazard identification, talks about the hazards to workers as it affects illness and ill health. Likewise, clause 6.1.2.2, assessment of OH&S risks and other risks to the OH&S management system deals with risks to workers and other risks that affect the OHSMS. All of these risks need to be assessed and decisions made on what is to be done (if anything) and plans made.

That being said, the ISO 45001 standard does not state that the risk assessment process used for the OHSMS needs to be separate from all other risk assessment processes. So, I agree with you that if you have a risk assessment process that works for you, and includes assessing the risks for the OH&S management system (such as personnel risk), then this is ac ceptable as per the standard. It could be helpful, for both you and the auditor, if your presentation of the risks from your process included an easy indicator of which risks were applicable to the OHSMS, and which were other risks, if you choose to do so. If there is another requirement that is imposed on you that the auditor is referring to, they should be able to clearly identify and quote it. If not, the ISO 45001 standard does not make this statement.

For more on understanding certification auditors, see the whitepaper: What to expect at the ISO certification audit: What the auditor can and cannot do, https://info.advisera.com/free-download/what-to-expect-at-the-iso-certification-audit

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Aug 07, 2019

Aug 07, 2019