SPRING DISCOUNT
Get 30% off on toolkits, course exams, and Conformio yearly plans.
Limited-time offer – ends April 25, 2024
Use promo code:
SPRING30

Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001 Future Changes

Guest user Created:   Oct 04, 2022 Last commented:   Oct 04, 2022

ISO 45001 Future Changes

What is your vision of the transformation of ISO in the next 5 years and how do you think it can make a revolutionary difference to be ISO compliant?

0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Oct 04, 2022

Although I am not on the technical committee, and cannot say for certain what will happen, I can predict a bit from what I know. In general, the Iso technical committees will look at the standards about every 5 years to see what changes are needed. If we look at the oldest management system standard (ISO 9001), this followed the cycle of a major release (1987), minor changes (1994), a major change (2000), minor changes (2008), and then a major change in 2015 to align with other management system standards. So, following this I would expect minor changes in the net revision of ISO 45001, but nothing major. This will also be delayed a bit due to the delayed transition from OHSAS 18001 for the pandemic, and future major changes will likely be harder to do where they affect the alignment with other ISO management system standards or to change how any management system utilizes the management principles (such as the process approach).

In short, I don’t see any revolutionary changes to being ISO compliant in the next 5 years.

For a bit more on the crucial management principle of the process approach, see the article:

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Oct 04, 2022

Oct 04, 2022