Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001: How to get started

Guest user Created:   Jul 15, 2019 Last commented:   Jul 15, 2019

ISO 45001: How to get started

I have stage 1 of the ISO 45001 audit coming up, so I’ve got to get going! What would be the best advice to address before the date?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Jul 15, 2019

Answer:
One of the most beneficial aspects that I have found with the ISO 45001 format (just like all the other ISO management system standards), is that the document is written in the order that you would want to implement the requirements. So, starting at the beginning of the standard you want to first identify the context of the organization by identifying the internal and external issues, the interested parties and their needs, and documenting the scope. Following this you will want to put in place all of the leadership and worker participation processes, including documenting OH&S objectives, assigning roles and responsibilities, and putting in place the process for worker consultation and participation. You would then proceed through the standard, putting in place the processes and documentation required.

The one exception to this, is that it is helpful to implement the requirements of clause 7. 5 for creating, maintaining and storing documented information (procedures and records) at the beginning since this will be needed to document everything you need as you go along. The only other good advice I can give you is to split up the tasks and get started. You don’t seem to have a lot of time, and you just need to go through the standard and put in place the required documentation before the stage 1 audit so having more than one person working on this will be helpful.

For more information on the mandatory documentation required, see the whitepaper: Checklist of Mandatory Documentation Required by ISO 45001, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/checklist-of-mandatory-documentation-required-by-iso-45001

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jul 15, 2019

Jul 15, 2019