Get 2 Documentation Toolkits for the price of 1
Limited-time offer – ends March 28, 2024

Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001 Measurement requirements

Guest user Created:   Jun 13, 2019 Last commented:   Jun 13, 2019

ISO 45001 Measurement requirements

This is my specific topic of my assignment. I'm taking Diploma in OSHA. This subject is Occupational Safety and Health Management System II. The topic is "Write on the monitoring and measurement processes against the OSH policy objectives legal and other requirement."
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Jun 13, 2019

Answer:
While I can’t write your report for you, some things you need to understand about he OH&S policy, OH&S objectives and OH&S legal requirements is that they will each have an aspect of measurement associated with them. The OH&S policy is the overall goal of the OHSMS, and as such the overall OH&S performance needs to be measured in accordance with the policy.
The OH&S objectives need to be in line with the policy, and are intended to be measurable improvement goals for the company. For instance, an objective could be to reduce near miss accidents by 20% in the next 6 months. So, for this objective you will need to be monitoring and measuring the near miss accidents so you know if they are reduced.
As for the legal requirements, there is a clause in the ISO 45001 s tandard which requires you to measure your compliance to your obligations, and legal requirements are obligations. Not only do you need to measure how complaint you are to these obligations, some legal requirements may also require measurement as well, such as the amount of air emissions.
For more information on these topics I would suggest you look into our blog which covers many of these topics in more detail (https://advisera.com/45001academy/blog/) and to learn more about the ISO 45001 requirements see our free whitepaper: Clause-by-clause explanation of ISO 45001:2018, https://info.advisera.com/45001academy/free-download/clause-by-clause-explanation-of-iso-45001

0 1

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Jun 12, 2019

Jun 12, 2019

Suggested Topics