Expert Advice Community

ISO 45001 Scope of the OHSMS

Guest user Created:   Feb 28, 2019 Last commented:   Feb 28, 2019

ISO 45001 Scope of the OHSMS

ISO 45001 "SCOPE OF THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM". I am having trouble writing this part, could you send me an example of this section so that I know that I am on the right track?
0 0

Assign topic to the user

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

ISO 45001 DOCUMENTATION TOOLKIT

Step-by-step implementation for smaller companies.

Expert
Mark Hammar Feb 28, 2019

Answer:
It is hard to give an example because the scope statement is very specific to the organization it is written for. It is important to remember that the purpose of the scope for the OHSMS is to identify where your OH&S rules, policies and procedures need to be applied within your organization. So, it needs to include the information of activities, products & services, locations, etc. which can affect your OH&S performance, and therefore will indicate exactly what your OH&S rules apply to. For instance, if you have a main plant with many satellite locations (such as a contractor firm) all of this should be included in your scope since the PH&S rules and processes will apply in all locations.
For more information on OH&S sc ope, see this article, How to determine scope of the OH&SMS, https://advisera.com/45001academy/blog/2015/12/09/how-to-determine-scope-of-the-ohsms/

0 0

Comment as guest or Sign in

HTML tags are not allowed

Feb 28, 2019

Feb 28, 2019